Monday, 27 January 2014

Team Lone Angler - The Future

A lot has happened in terms of my fishing since the last blog entry was made and its all been very good!
Firstly of all I'm very proud to announce I have joined Team Lone Angler. To have my name associated with some of the most respected and talented names in angling that have been an absolute inspiration to me and countless others over the years and will continue to do so for many more, is a great honor indeed. As previously mentioned in earlier blog entry's I've used their flavors since their first inception when they were sold under the Action Bait's banner and then sold by Double T. I have to admit that over the years I strayed to what I've thought were better products, but in the end I always kept coming back to Action Baits/Double T, and now Lone Angler products. Products that continue to produce the goods over and over again.

During my chub fishing career of over twenty years I've always tried to put quality before quantity when it comes to my bait and tackle and that's exactly what Lone Angler delivers on every level.
From their bait and terminal tackle, to their rods and clothing, expect nothing but the very best.
Lone Angler is in fact a sister company of Pallatrax but it is not owned by Pallatrax. Simon Pomeroy is now the MD of both Pallatrax and Lone Angler, but Pallatrax make all of Lone Anglers bait. Cotswold Aquarius make Lone Angler's luggage and Harrison the rods.
As Lone Angler is spear headed by Trefor West, undoubtedly the UK's finest barbel angler of all time, you can be safe in the knowledge that every single item  has been thoroughly tested out on the bank, and that's what I like about Lone Angler - products designed by anglers, made for anglers, and used by anglers.
 ,
At this point I'd really like to express my thanks to Rob Swindells, Trefor West, Simon Pomeroy, Jez Brown, and Mike O'Neill, for giving me this chance. I'm looking forward to working closely with all of you. Thanks you all once again

I've also purchased a new camera to replace my aging compact. The camera I decided to purchase was a Canon S5 IS after a recommendation by that great chub angler himself Iain Nairn. As usual Iain's advice was spot on and I'm very pleased with the camera. Although the camera is now getting on in digital camera technology terms as it was released in 2006 and is 8mp, there is no doubt that it will serve me very well for a long time to come.
 
People seem to get obsessed by how many mega pixels a camera has these days but its not like I'm going to be blowing up pictures to a large size so its perfectly adequate for my needs. It all looked a bit daunting with all the buttons everywhere but it didn't take me long to get to grips with. I even took a few practice shots with it of my daughter which came out very well! I currently trying to get a decent shot of my boy as well but as he is only 17 months old he doesn't sit still long enough!
I particularly like the large flip out and twist LCD screen which I imagine will come in very useful in the future should I find myself alone on the bank in the middle of nowhere. It should make self takes a doddle!
There are also plenty of accessories available as well which means that this camera is also very versatile. 

Brief of Canon S5 IS Specifications
Powered by Canon’s DIGIC III image processor, Face Detection Technology improves focus, exposure and flash output for people shots while the new Red-Eye Correction feature effectively solves red-eye problems in captured photos. An increased sensitivity range of ISO 80-1600 complements the optical IS system for extended low light performance.
Other key advancements include a larger, higher resolution 2.5” vari-angle LCD, additional shooting modes and extended video recording. The compact design incorporates a new hot shoe that provides compatibility with selected Canon EX Speedlite external flashes, adding to an accessory list that includes Wide, Tele and Close-up converter lenses.
Features at a glance:
  • 12x optical zoom lens with Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and UD lens
  • Optical Image Stabilizer
  • 8.0 Megapixel CCD
  • DIGIC III with advanced Noise Reduction technology and Face Detection for stills and movies
  • Red-Eye Correction in playback
  • 2.5” high-resolution vari-angle LCD
  • Long-play VGA movies with stereo sound and Photo in Movie
  • 22 shooting modes including full manual control and 0cm Super Macro
  • High ISO 1600 and Auto ISO Shift
  • Compatible with Wide/Tele/Close-up converter lenses and Canon EX Speedlite flashes
Precision Optics
Benefiting from Canon’s 70 year heritage in optics, the 12x optical zoom lens (f/2.7 – f/3.5, 36-432mm) incorporates the same leading technologies used in professional EF lenses:
  • Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) technology suppresses blur when taking stills and minimises image shake when shooting video footage. Canon’s lens-shift type IS allows photographers to shoot at shutter speeds up to 3 stops slower with no perceptible increase in image blur.
  • An Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM) delivers rapid, responsive zooming with virtually silent operation, reducing the risk of sound interference on movies and or when shooting wildlife subjects.
  • An Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lens element curbs chromatic aberrations at longer focal lengths to ensure faithful colour reproduction and sharp definition.
Optional Wide and Tele converter lenses extend the focal length from wide 27mm to super-tele 648mm (35mm film equivalent). A Super Macro mode with 0cm shooting distance and optional Close-Up lens 500D (58mm) allow for detailed macro photography. Safety Zoom allows users to extend the camera's zoom range without interpolation affecting image quality - images can be captured at up to 24x zoom with enough resolution for lab-quality postcard (10 x 15cm) prints. Photographers can also enable the Digital Tele-Converter3 feature for added telephoto reach (1.6x or 2.0x) on every shot, without the reduction in aperture typically caused by optical tele-converters.





No comments:

Post a Comment